You can easily find us in Varenna. We are very close to the ferry port (less than 5 min on foot) and close to the railway station (stop: Varenna Esino. 8 min on foot).
From the floating dock you can reach the center thanks to a promenade called “Passeggiata degli innamorati” (Lovers’ promenade) . You will find a couple of gelaterie (ice-cream parlors) where you can find tasty ice-creams. Exactly in front of them you will find our floating dock.
Varenna is an attractive village located on the eastern shore of Lake Como. It represents a great gateway to the lake: from Varenna it is very easy to reach the best towns of the lake, such as Bellagio and Menaggio. Moreover, thanks to the railway station, it is simple to go to Milan.
How to reach Varenna:
1) By Train from Milano Centrale Railway Station
Take the train with final destination SONDRIO or TIRANO (not Como or Torino). Stop: Varenna-Esino
Train ticket: € 6,70 (2nd class).
2) By car:
- From Milan. The most direct route would take you from Milan to Lecco and then from Lecco to Varenna. Once in Lecco, continue towards Sondrio (Superstrada SS 36). Take the first exit after Lecco (Abbadia Lariana). After 15 min you will reach a town called Fiumelatte: before the tunnel turn left (do not go inside the tunnel) and you will reach Varenna.
- From Lugano (Switzerland). Exit: Lugano sud. Follow Gandria – St. Moritz. From Gandria you have to reach Menaggio and, once in Menaggio, take the ferry to reach Varenna.
3) By plane
- “MALPENSA” AIRPORT
From Milano-Malpensa airport to the railway station (Milano Centrale) there are two options:
- Malpensa Express (train) every 30 minutes: http://www.malpensaexpress.it/it/malpensa-express/home.aspx
- Malpensa Shuttle (bus) every 20 minutes: http://www.malpensashuttle.it
From Milano Centrale train station take the train (see 1) By Train from Milano Centrale Railway Station)
- MILANO “LINATE” AIRPORT
Linate Shuttle (bus) every 30 minutes: http://www.milano-aeroporti.it/linate-shuttle/index.html
4) By water:
You can reach Varenna also by water. You can take a ferry from Menaggio, Cadenabbia or Bellagio or, if you are in Como or in Colico, take the speed Boat.