You can find us in Varenna, in the neighbourhood of the Ferry landing pier (walk 350m – 4 min) and Varenna-Esino railroad station (walk 550m – 8 min).
From the boat dock to the right a romantic walk way called “Lover’s Lane” leads to the centre. Close to the water, you will find a couple of gelaterie (ice-cream shops) where you can buy ice creams to take away. Just in front of them you will find our floating dock: you cannot miss us!
Varenna is an attractive village on the eastern shore of Lake Como, looking over the central part of the lake towards Bellagio, and a useful gateway to the lake, as it lies on a railway line with direct trains to/from Milan.
1) By Train from Milan Central Train Station to Varenna-Esino http://www.trenord.it/EN/:
Take train with final destination to SONDRIO or TIRANO (not Como and not Torino!).
Train fare: € 6,70 in 2nd class.
2) By car:
- From Milan. On the Milano Tangenziale (ring road) take exit Viale Zara – Monza – Lecco. At this point, you are on the Superstrada SS 36. You will reach Lecco and without leaving the freeway, follow Sondrio. Take the first exit after Lecco; it has a sign saying VARENNA/TRAGHETTO (ferry boat). Go through a few lakeside villages and, after approx.10 miles (16 km), there is a sign saying that Varenna is on the left.
- From Lugano (Switzerland). Exit at Lugano sud. Follow Gandria – St. Moritz. At Gandria cross into Italy, follow signs to Menaggio, and in Menaggio itself, take the ferry across to Varenna (approx. twice every hour).
3) By plane arriving at
- MALPENSA AIRPORT http://ticketonline.malpensashuttle.it/_en/:
Outside the arrival terminal, take blue Shuttle bus to Milan – Central Train Station (single ticket: €10.00; Return ticket: €16.00), approx. 1 hour ride, every 20 minutes from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.). Then follow step 1.
- MILAN LINATE AIRPORT http://www.atm.it/en/AltriServizi/Trasporto/Pages/airbus.aspx:
Outside the arrival terminal, take Shuttle bus to Milan Central Train Station (Single ticket: €5; Return ticket €9), approx. 30 minutes ride, every 30 minutes from 6.30a.m. to 11.30p.m.). Then follow step 1.
4) By water:
Varenna is also accessible by water: by ferry from Menaggio, Cadenabbia or Bellagio, or by hydrofoil or boat from Como (direction: North) and from Colico (direction: South).