With collaboration Lake Como Food Tours
A full day guided tour discovering the “pearls” of Lake Como: walking tours of Bellagio and Varenna, a visit to Villa Balbianello, a relaxing private cruise, the sampling of olive oil at an original mill plus tastings of local cheese, wine, fish, pasta and something sweet.
Lake Como is a treasure of nature, culture, wonderful landscapes and mouthwatering local food. The central and western side of the lake is dotted with superb villas, with gardens decorated with marble statues and exotic plants, a tribute to the ancient noble families from the golden years of the Renaissance, Romanticism and Belle Epoque, some of which are now private homes to the rich and famous.
This full day tour will allow you to discover the “pearls” of the mid lake area and view and visit some of the most famous waterfront villas, all accompanied with the tasting of delicious local products.
The tour starts with a trip to a fascinating original mill on the hills above Varenna where you will be offered a tasting of the world famous locally produced olive oil, typical Valsassina cheese, cold cuts and wine followed by a guided walking tour of Varenna with its Celtic origins and steep alleys.
Lunch will be served in a lakefront restaurant where you will sample typical freshwater fish starters and delicious pasta (a non-fish menu will also be available).
An unforgettable private cruise with “Taxi Boat Varenna” will give you the chance to relax in the afternoon admiring the spectacular mountains and the stunning villas, once the homes of aristocrats, now the playgrounds for the jet set.
You will disembark at Villa del Balbianello for a guided visit, a real gem not to be missed, stunning shooting location for a number of famous films such as “Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones” and “Casino Royale”.
Cruise onward to Bellagio, take in the sight of Villa Melzi and its amazing lakeside gardens and then disembark at the world-renowned village to discover its picturesque streets and alleys. We finish our tour with a sweet tasting stopover, leaving you free to continue your evening in this romantic treasure.
Price: Adult €225 – Youth 4-12 €125 – Child 0-3 €25 euroBook Now
Visit a mill
Visit to Villa Balbianello
- Full day professional, friendly English speaking licensed guide.
- Tasting of delicious local specialties in a charming old mill.
- Special lunch in a typical local restaurant (2 courses, water and glass of wine).
- Boat tour of the villas.
- Tickets to Villa del Balbianello
What’s not included
- The price does not include transfer to and from the meeting point.
- We are easily reachable from the central area of the lake and from Como/Cernobbio. Please contact us for further details.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- A fair amount of walking is involved. The trail to the mill where we do the morning tasting entails a descent with some steep steps which must also be ascended on the return trip. Please make sure to wear comfortable clothes and shoes for walking.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Please bring a bottle of water; alternatively you can purchase one near the meeting point.
- A minimum of two people per booking is required.
- The tour runs rain or shine. In case of bad weather conditions it is possible that the tour undergoes some slight changes and that the transfer to Villa Balbianello is done using public transport and not with the private boat taxi due to safety reasons.
- At the time of booking, please provide your contact number and hotel details, should we need to contact you.
Cancellations made 1 week prior to the scheduled tour date are fully refundable.